Ham and cheese omelet
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Categories||Breakfast recipes, Lunch recipes, Main courses|
|Preperation time:||10 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||5 minutes.|
In the movie "The Hundred-Foot Journey" they see making an omelet as a perfect test for any chef.
For myself it's not only about flavor but maybe more about texture! The perfect omelet is still a bit creamy.
For he rest you can play around with your ingredients. But focus on creating a good omelet first!
The ingredients for ham and cheese omelet:
- 3 eggs;
- 15 milliliter milk;
- 50 gram ham; in pieces
- 25 gram Gruyère; grated
- 5 gram chives; sliced
- 10 gram butter;
How to make ham and cheese omelet?
- Mix the egg and the milk.
- Add the butter to the pan.
- Add the ham and fry on medium temperature until colored.
- Add the egg and the milk
- Cook on medium low temperature till it's almost fully set. Move your pan around to spread the mixture evenly.
- Add the Gruyère
- Turn of the gas below the pan.
- Flavor with the pepper
- Fold together in three layers. First fold over one third on one side of the pan and then fold over one third on the other side over this. This will help the last bit of the mixture cook through.
- Serve with chives.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!