|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Tags||Classics, Stew recipes|
|Preperation time:||20 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||200 minutes.|
Indonesian beef stew
The ingredients for beef rendang:
- 500 gram beef stew meat; in cubes
- stir-fry oil;
- 1 onion; chopped
- 4 cloves garlic; chopped
- 1 chili pepper; sliced
- 10 gram ginger; chopped
- 10 gram five spice powder;
- 10 black peppercorns;
- 10 gram sambal;
- 10 milliliter lime juice;
- 500 milliliter beef stock;
- 200 milliliter coconut milk;
- 20 gram brown sugar;
- 1 spring onion;
How to make beef rendang?
- Add the stir-fry oil to the pan.
- Add the beef stew meat to your pan and sear on medium temperature until colored. Use multiple portions if needed.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the five spice powder, the black peppercorn and the sambal and fry on medium temperature until colored.
- Lightly fry the onion, the chili pepper and the ginger in the pan until translucent.
- Add the beef stew meat and the beef stock and fry shortly while stirring.
- Stew for at least 3 hours.
- Add the coconut milk and the brown sugar
- Let it briefly reduce.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!