Gluten free "oliebollen" with apple and raisins
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Preperation time:||60 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||45 minutes.|
In Linda's family it is - as in many families - a tradition to bake oliebollen every year for New Year's Eve. So every year we stand with Linda, her brother, her mother and myself baking oliebollen in her brother's shed in the back of the garden. These are already 3 households that need to be supplied with oliebollen and most of the time there are still some neighbors or other family members who also like to pick up a few oliebollen.
After about 5 hours of baking and a few hundred oliebollen and apple beignets later it is time to take the car back home and enjoy a well-deserved shower to rinse the smell of those 5 hours hanging over the deep fryer...
... and then you can let everyone enjoy your handmade home-made oliebollen!
The ingredients for gluten free "oliebollen" with apple and raisins:
- 60 gram soaked raisins; Note! Quantities below are for 0 portions.
- 100 gram raisins;
- 50 milliliter water; warm
- 3 jonagold apples; grated
- powdered sugar;
- 600 gram gluten free oliebollen mix;
- 450 milliliter milk;
- 30 gram yeast;
How to make gluten free "oliebollen" with apple and raisins?
- Prepare the soaked raisin.
- Mix the raisin and the water.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Sieve the raisin.
- Your result is ready for further use.
- Mix the gluten free oliebollen mix, the milk and the yeast.
- Add the soaked raisin and the jonagold apple
- Mix everything together.
- Let the gluten free oliebollen mix rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat a deep fryer to 190 degrees Celsius
- Make balls out of the gluten free oliebollen mix and deep fry them for about 5 minutes until they are done. Make sure the balls have enough room; fry them in different batches until the the gluten free oliebollen mix is finished. An ice-cream scoop is usually a perfect tool to make the balls.
- Serve with powdered sugar.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!