Ossobuco alla Milanese
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Tags||Classics, Stew recipes|
|Preperation time:||10 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||150 minutes.|
Ossobuco with Gremolata
The ingredients for ossobuco alla milanese:
- 2 veal shanks;
- 1 onion; chopped
- 100 gram carrots; in cubes
- 20 milliliter white wine;
- 500 milliliter beef stock;
- 2 gram cinnamon powder;
- 3 bay leaves;
- olive oil;
- 40 gram gremolata; Note! Quantities below are for 1 portions.
- 10 gram lemon zest;
- 60 gram parsley; chopped
- 2 cloves garlic; pressed
How to make ossobuco alla milanese?
- Prepare the gremolata.
- Mix the lemon zest, the parsley and the garlic.
- Your result is ready for further use.
- Take the veal shank.
- Drizzle with the flour.
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add the veal shank to your pan and sear on medium temperature until colored. Use multiple portions if needed.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onions, the carrots and the cinnamon powder to the stew.
- Lightly fry the onion and the carrot in the pan until translucent.
- Add the veal shanks, the white wine, the beef stock and the bay leaves to the stew.
- Stew for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the veal shank and keep the veal shank warm.
- Sieve the stock.
- Put the sieved moisture back in the pan.
- Let it briefly reduce.
- Slowly add the gremolata bit by bit while whisking until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the veal shank
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!