|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Tags||Classics, Stew recipes|
|Preperation time:||30 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||90 minutes.|
My version of this traditional Greek dish with lamb
The ingredients for kleftiko:
- 500 gram lamb shoulder; in pieces
- 4 cloves garlic; pressed
- 2 carrots; sliced
- 1 zucchini; in cubes
- 1 eggplant; in cubes
- 4 tomatoes; in cubes
- 100 gram cheese; grated
- 20 gram mustard;
- dried oregano;
- olive oil;
How to make kleftiko?
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Rub the meat with the salt, the pepper and the olive oil.
- Add the lamb shoulder to your pan and sear on medium temperature until colored. Use multiple portions if needed.
- Divide the lamb shoulder, the garlic, the mustard, the carrot, the zucchini, the eggplant, the tomato, the cheese and the dried oregano over the baking paper. Use 2 sheets per portion your making.
- Make packages out of the portions on the baking paper and tie them up with a piece of string.
- Bake in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!