Chili con carne
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Tags||Classics, Stew recipes|
|Preperation time:||60 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||240 minutes.|
Loosely based on a recipe from Heston Blumenthal.
The ingredients for chili con carne:
- 500 gram beef stew meat; in cubes
- 250 gram minced beef;
- 750 gram sieved tomatoes;
- 1 winter carrot; in cubes
- 6 cloves garlic; chopped
- 1 chili pepper; sliced
- 350 milliliter red wine;
- 4 star anise;
- 70 gram tomato paste;
- beef stock;
- 3 roasted red peppers; in cubes
- 100 gram spice butter; Note! Quantities below are for 6 portions.
- 5 gram cumin; grinded
- 5 gram paprika;
- 100 gram butter;
- 5 milliliter ketchup;
- 5 milliliter Worcestershire sauce;
- 5 milliliter olive oil;
- 5 gram chili powder;
- olive oil;
- 2 onions; chopped
- 400 gram brown beans;
How to make chili con carne?
- Prepare the Spice butter.
- Mix the cumin, the paprika, the butter, the ketchup, the Worcestershire sauce, the olive oil and the chili powder.
- Your result is ready for further use.
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add the beef stew meat and the minced beef to your pan and sear on medium temperature until colored. Use multiple portions if needed.
- Lightly fry the winter carrot, the garlic, the chili pepper and the onion in the pan until translucent.
- Add the beef stew meat, the minced beef and the tomato paste and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add the red wine and the star anise
- Let it briefly reduce.
- Add the beef stock and the spice butter to the stew.
- Stew for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the star anise.
- Add the sieved tomatoes and the roasted red pepper
- Cook the stew for 30 more minutes without a lit. So the stew becomes a bit thicker.
- Add the brown beans to the stew.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!