Duck confit baked in the oven
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Tags||Christmas recipes, Classics, Luxury dishes|
|Preperation time:||30 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||10 minutes.|
In the past when we were in France with the family, we always saw cans confit de canard. Occasionally my parents bought such a can and then we ate it in a cassoulet or - less often - from the oven. It is easier to prepare from the oven and actually everyone enjoys it; therefore it is an ideal dish for parties or dinners.
To my great and happy surprise, a few years ago I ran into a can of confit de canard in Amsterdam in the local supermarket on the corner of my house. I think I first saved it for a while before I started using it. Apparently a bit intimidated by such a "luxury" ingredient.
However, when I finally put the confit de canard out of the oven to people during a dinner, it was such a success that it is now almost on our regular shopping list to take from France!
The ingredients for duck confit baked in the oven:
- 1 cans Duck confit;
How to make duck confit baked in the oven?
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
- Put the closed can of Duck confit in a pan filled with water. Slowly heat the water without bringing it to a boil. This will cause the fat in the can to melt. This should happen after about 20 minutes.
- With a can opener open the can of Duck confit. Do this carefully as the can is filled with melted fat!
- Remove the Duck confit from the can filled with fat and drain it on a piece of paper towel.
- Spread the Duck confit on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Put your oven to grill setting.
- Grill in the oven for 10 minutes. Note: Anytime your grilling something make sure to keep watching it so it doesn't burn!
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!