|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Preperation time:||5 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||20 minutes.|
The sauce Mornay is a classic sauce similar to the béchamel sauce. By adding cheese you get a sauce that's even more rich and full.
The ingredients for sauce mornay:
- 2 shallots; chopped
- 25 gram butter;
- 25 gram flour;
- 200 milliliter milk;
- 70 gram Gruyère; grated
How to make sauce mornay?
- Add the butter to the pan.
- Lightly fry the shallot in the pan until translucent.
- Add the flour and mix together to a roux.
- Slowly add the milk bit by bit while whisking until you have a smooth mixture.
- Slowly add the Gruyère bit by bit while whisking until you have a smooth mixture.
- Your result is ready for further use.