Short rib Boeuf Bourguignon
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Tags||Christmas recipes, Classics, Luxury dishes, Stew recipes|
|Preperation time:||30 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||240 minutes.|
Wanting to experiment with cooking with short ribs I was looking at what dishes I could use. Boeuf Bourguignon is a classic that I grew up with as my father often cooked it when I was young.
I am happy with the result! The short ribs kept their shape but were as tender as they could be without falling apart. On to the next experiment!
The ingredients for short rib boeuf bourguignon:
- marinade for Boeuf Bourguignon; Note! Quantities below are for 4 portions.
- 700 milliliter red wine;
- 6 cloves garlic; pressed
- 1 bouquet garni;
- 3 short ribs;
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1 winter carrot;
- 20 gram flour;
- 200 gram bacon bits;
- 200 gram chestnut mushrooms; sliced
- 300 gram shallots; peeled
- 60 gram butter;
How to make short rib boeuf bourguignon?
- Prepare The marinade for Boeuf Bourguignon.
- Mix the red wine, the garlic and the bouquet garni.
- Your result is ready for further use.
- Marinate the short rib for at least 3 hours.
- Add the butter to the pan.
- Add the short rib to your pan and sear on medium temperature until colored. Use multiple portions if needed.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lightly fry the onion and the winter carrot in the pan until translucent.
- Add the short rib and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add the flour and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add The marinade for Boeuf Bourguignon
- Stew for at least 3 hours.
- Grab a new pan.
- Add the bacon bits, the chestnut mushroom and the shallot
- Fry the bacon bits, the chestnut mushrooms and the shallots and drain any surplus fat.
- Add the bacon bits, the chestnut mushrooms and the shallots to the stew.
- Cook the stew for 30 more minutes without a lit. So the stew becomes a bit thicker.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!