|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Tags||Christmas recipes, Classics, Luxury dishes, Stew recipes|
|Preperation time:||30 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||240 minutes.|
Boeuf Bourguignon probably is one of the most known dishes from France.
I'ts also one of the first dishes my father showed me how to cook. I think I gave it my own twist over the years as slowly I must have changed some ingredients or slightly changed the order I do things.
That's one of the big benefits of this dish: it doesn't really matter what you do and in what order as long as you kind of stick to the main principle of the recipe you are okay.
The ingredients for boeuf bourguignon:
- marinade for Boeuf Bourguignon; Note! Quantities below are for 4 portions.
- 700 milliliter red wine;
- 6 cloves garlic; pressed
- 1 bouquet garni;
- 900 gram beef stew meat; in pieces
- 2 onions; chopped
- 1 winter carrot; in slices
- 25 gram flour;
- 200 gram bacon bits;
- 200 gram chestnut mushrooms; sliced
- 300 gram shallots; peeled
- 60 gram butter;
How to make boeuf bourguignon?
- Prepare The marinade for Boeuf Bourguignon.
- Mix the red wine, the garlic and the bouquet garni.
- Your result is ready for further use.
- Marinate the beef stew meat for at least 3 hours.
- Add the butter to the pan.
- Add the beef stew meat to your pan and sear on medium temperature until colored. Use multiple portions if needed.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lightly fry the onion and the winter carrot in the pan until translucent.
- Add the beef stew meat and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add the flour and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add The marinade for Boeuf Bourguignon
- Stew for at least 3 hours.
- Grab a new pan.
- Add the bacon bits, the chestnut mushroom and the shallot
- Fry the bacon bits, the chestnut mushrooms and the shallots and drain any surplus fat.
- Add the bacon bits, the chestnut mushrooms and the shallots to the stew.
- Cook the stew for 30 more minutes without a lit. So the stew becomes a bit thicker.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!