Bolognese beef stew
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Categories||Main courses, Partial recipes|
|Tags||Basic recipes, Classics, Pasta recipes|
|Preperation time:||20 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||150 minutes.|
Replacing the minced meat in your regular bolognese sauce with beef stew meat will give you a rich sauce full of flavor.
Serve with a thick pasta like tagliatelle or pappardelle or use it in a lasagne.
The ingredients for bolognese beef stew:
- 500 gram beef stew meat;
- 200 gram sieved tomatoes;
- 70 gram tomato paste;
- 50 gram pancetta; chopped
- 1 onion; chopped
- 4 cloves garlic; chopped
- 1 chili pepper;
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano;
- 1 teaspoons thyme; only the leaves
- 75 gram winter carrots; chopped
- 1 stems celery; sliced
- 250 milliliter red wine;
- 200 milliliter beef stock;
- 3 bay leaves;
- olive oil;
How to make bolognese beef stew?
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add the beef stew meat to your pan and sear on medium temperature until colored. Use multiple portions if needed.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the pancetta and fry on medium temperature until colored.
- Add the dried oregano and the thyme
- Lightly fry the onion, the garlic, the chili pepper, the winter carrot and the celery in the pan until translucent.
- Add the tomato paste and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add the beef stew meat and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add the red wine to the stew.
- Let it briefly reduce.
- Add the sieved tomatoes and the beef stock and fry shortly while stirring.
- Add the bay leaves to the stew.
- Stew for at least 3 hours.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!