|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Categories||Lunch recipes, Main courses|
|Tags||Cheap meals, Savory pies|
|Preperation time:||10 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes.|
Most people will immediately think of this quiche when they think of quiche. This is the classical quiche originating from the Lorraine region in the north east of France.
Traditional the Quiche Lorraine was baked on the 1st of May to celebrate the beginning of spring. If you are anything like me you'll bake this more often than that...
Opinions differ about adding cheese. In this version I son't use cheese. Of course you can add cheese if you want to; just sprinkle some on top before putting the quiche in the oven. A nice Gruyere will work really well.
The ingredients for quiche lorraine:
- 250 gram savory pie dough;
- 200 gram bacon bits;
- 250 milliliter cooking cream;
- 3 eggs;
How to make quiche lorraine?
- Fry the bacon bits and drain any surplus fat.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Grease a cake mold quiche pan with the butter.
- Line the cake mold with the savory pie dough.
- Add the bacon bits into the cake mold.
- Mix the cooking cream and the egg.
- Pour mixture of the cooking cream and the egg in the cake mold.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!