|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Categories||Main courses, Side dishes|
|Tags||Basic recipes, Luxury dishes|
|Preperation time:||5 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes.|
The first risotto I've ever made was a mushroom risotto. Since then I've made many other risotto's but I remember this fondly.
You can use different types of mushroom and in this case I'm using a mix of oyster mushrooms, shiitake and chestnut mushrooms.
I served this risotto as a side dish with some roasted leg of lamb but it's perfect to serve on its own.
The ingredients for mushroom risotto:
- 200 gram risotto rice;
- 1 shallot;
- 1 liter lamb stock;
- 30 milliliter sherry;
- 25 gram butter;
- 100 gram Parmigiano-Reggiano;
- olive oil;
- 70 gram shiitake; sliced
- 70 gram oyster mushrooms; sliced
- 70 gram chestnut mushrooms; sliced
- 10 milliliter Italian brandy;
- parsley; chopped
How to make mushroom risotto?
- Add the butter to the pan.
- Lightly fry the shallot in the pan until translucent.
- Add the sherry
- Let it briefly reduce.
- Add part of the lamb stock to the pan.
- Let it reduce and repeat these 2 steps untill the risotto rice is cooked.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Grab a new pan.
- Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Add the shiitake, the chestnut mushroom and the oyster mushroom and fry on medium temperature until colored.
- Flambé with the Italian brandy.
- Sprinkle with the parsley for decoration.
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!