Risotto from stock from coq au vin
|Rating|| 5 5 (1 reviews) Add rating
|Categories||Lunch recipes, Main courses|
|Tags||Basic recipes, Classics|
|Preperation time:||10 minutes.|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes.|
As I like to cook my coq au vin with whole chicken legs in stead of smaller pieces of chicken I usually have some more leftover juices remaining. The whole chicken legs take up more space so you nee more moisture to make sure your coq au vin is covered when cooking.
The leftover juices are a beautiful stock w ith flavors of wine and chicken and perhaps some bacon and mushrooms still remaining. All in all a perfect stock to create a delicious risotto with!
The ingredients for risotto from stock from coq au vin:
- 150 gram risotto rice;
- 1 shallot;
- 1500 milliliter remaining liquid from your coq au vin;
- 25 gram butter;
- olive oil;
How to make risotto from stock from coq au vin?
- Add the butter and the olive oil to the pan.
- Lightly fry the shallot in the pan until translucent.
- Add part of the remaining liquid from your coq au vin to the pan.
- Let it reduce and repeat these 2 steps untill the risotto rice is cooked.
- Flavor with the pepper
- Your dish is ready, enjoy!